Thursday, August 11, 2011

James' 1st Birthday - {Event Photography} - Sneak Peek!

I previously had the privilege of photographing baby James and was thrilled when his mom asked me to capture his first birthday party. I told his story before, but it is so amazing that it deserves a re-visit!

James was born at 22 weeks and 6 days gestation. In other words, little to no chance of survival. Had the hospital known we was 22.6 weeks and not 23, they would not have done any life saving measures. It wasn't until after they had him on a ventilator that they discovered the doctor had mistakenly put he was 23 weeks gestation. He weighed 15 ounces at birth and was only 10.5 inches long. But he is a little fighter & quite the miracle! He spent the first 5 months of his life in the NICU before he finally got to go home for the first time. Now - one year later - he is thriving, growing & happy as can be!

Just being around the family is an amazing feeling. There is so much love for this little guy and I am so lucky that I get to be a tiny part of his life! 
Here are few of my favorite photos of his 1st birthday!


They had photos on display of some of his time in the NICU.
Amazing.








I love how excited he is over the tissue paper!






Happy 1st Birthday, James!!
I can't wait to watch you grow up. :)
.........................
Krystal

1 comment:

  1. I love them Krystal!! They are beautiful. So glad you were able to be there and capture this amazing day for us.

    ReplyDelete