Sunday, July 31, 2011

Jewish Naming Ceremony - {Event} - Sneak Peek!

A few months ago, I was contacted about photographing this event. I had never been  to a ceremony like this before so I was very excited to be able to witness such a special event! Please bear with me as I attempt to explain this as well as I understand (and correct anything I might get wrong! I am not claiming to be an expert in this at all). :)

Typically, Jewish parents give their baby a secular name as well as a Hebrew name to express their individuality as well as maintaining connections to previous generations. So, carrying on the family name in a way. The Hebrew name bears a lot of significance so it is chosen very carefully. During the ceremony, traditional blessings are given, scriptures are quoted and they speak about their hopes of the child. Close friends and family attend the ceremony.

The ceremony was held at a cute little wine bar called The Wine Therapist here in Dallas. After the ceremony, it was time for food! The sweet baby girl being honored that day was SO good! She slept almost entirely through the event and was so content being passed around. I wish I could better put in to words what a special experience this was, but words couldn't explain it! Instead, I will leave you with photos from the day. :)


















.......................
Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment