Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Luke - {2 Years Old}

Today is such a special day to me.

Two years ago, I met the sweetest little boy a mother could ever have.
Seeing him face to face for the very first time was a moment that I will never forget. Looking right into the eyes of a precious life that was now my responsibility.

You've heard it before & you'll hear it again - being a mommy is a full time job. 24/7. But you know what?
Every minute of sleep lost is worth it. Every tear I shed (some seemingly for no reason other than hormones) is worth it. Every bite of food that is no longer mine because someone so sweetly asks "Mommy, pleeeease?" - worth it. He is more than worth any of these things and so so so much more.

Now, two years later he still makes my heart smile every day (even the days when he uses me as his own personal trampoline and re-decorates the house for me by leaving 234875 toys out). He has given me so much joy and I am so lucky to be his mother.

Happy Birthday, sweet Luke! 
You are so loved.



..................
Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment