Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sam - {Birth Photography} - Sneak Peek!

When Sam's mommy asked me if I was open to doing birth photography, I was a little hesitant. I don't do well with gore, guts and pretty much any bodily fluid. She sent me a few links to other photographer's blogs with what she had in mind and it was then that I decided I would to do it. So for months, I've been waiting eagerly for her sweet baby boy to arrive.

This past Saturday, I got THE call. Her water had broke and it was go time. I rushed around and ran out the door (my bags were packed & ready so I could get out the door at a moment's notice). I arrived at the hospital about 90 minutes before Sam was born. My position was at the head of the bed and never once did I venture south. Everything was captured from the side or the top of the bed. 

During her labor, there were so many different emotions. Several times I found myself holding my breath as she was pushing. I laughed as her husband made jokes trying to keep her smiling. And after Sam made his entrance into this world, I cried (and I continue to cry every time I look through these photos). 

Words truly can't portray what this experience was like, so I will leave you with a few of my favorite photos from Sam's birth day.













If you've been thinking of having someone photograph your child's birth, I'd love to sit down and talk with you. This opportunity was amazing and I would love to be able to do this again!

..............
Krystal

4 comments:

  1. Your pics capture so much emotion it makes me cry. Such a wonderful way to treasure the memories of a very special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful images and wonderful moments captured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! It was such an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful Krystal! I just heard about people doing this recently and was skeptical but you did an amazing job. I love the priceless shots of Becky first holding him and the love on her face. They will cherish these forever!

    ReplyDelete