Friday, July 8, 2011

Sweet Memories

The world lost one of the sweetest souls last night. I received word last night that my Great-Granny passed away. Although I am glad she is no longer suffering, it breaks my heart to know I will never see her smiling face again. Things do have an amazing way of working themselves out. As you may recall, I rushed to photograph this baby's birth who happened to live in the same town as my Great-Granny. Because the baby came early, I was able to see her one last time this past weekend before her beautiful life came to an end.

The past 6 months have been especially rough for her & it was obvious her time was nearing. Yet no matter how prepared you think you are, nothing can truly prepare you for the moment you are told that you will never be able to see a loved one again. If I could have it my way, she would have lived forever - but on the same hand it would've been selfish for me to wish that she continue to live in pain. So I will be grateful for the life she lived, the lessons she taught me, the cookies she baked me, the candy she slipped to me when I wasn't supposed to have anything else before dinner, the horrible soap operas she got me hooked on, and most of all the love she poured on me and my family.


This will forever be one of my most cherished memories of her: the moment she held my son for the first time. The joy in her smile brings me to tears. The twinkle in her eyes show true love and complete joy.

We couldn't even get her to stop beaming over my son long enough to look up for a photo. 
And you know what? I'm glad. I don't think I would look on this photo now with such raw emotions if she was staring at the lens.


I love you so much Great-Granny.
May you finally rest in peace.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this special moment with us, and the memories of your Great-Granny! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Please let me know if you need anything at all! *HUGS* ~Jenny K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss Krystal.
    -Lish

    ReplyDelete